Thursday, November 20, 2008

Magnolia Winter Club - Tilda with Bell

As promised, here is the first of several cards I have made since my Magnolia Winter Club arrived on Monday. This one actually got a "Wow!" from my husband, which is quite the compliment coming from him! LOL! In person, this card looks like one of those 3-D cards that changes depending on the angle you are holding it at. Kind of hard to capture that in a photo though.


The main image is Tilda with Bell, and was colored in with copic markers. Tilda's outfit was highlighted with a white gel pen. I don't really care for using the white gel pen for highlights in hair, so I decided to try something new, and used my Sakura gelly roll pen to mimic light reflecting off of her hair. I used a bit more on the bell for a nice metallic shimmer.

The background for this card was fun to make. I stamped the row of trees from SU Lovely as a Tree onto a piece of Bordering Blue cs, and then sponged the "ground" with white craft ink. While it was still wet, I embossed it with SU Iridescent Ice EP, and let me tell you, it sparkles like crazy! I then added white liquid applique "snow" to the base and branches of the trees, and added dots of snow to the sky with a white gel pen. This was layered onto Pretty In Pink and Chocolate Chip cs, and Tilda was attached with pop-dots. The sentiment is from a $1 Studio G clear stamp set.

Check back tomorrow for another card made with images from the Magnolia Winter Club.

2 comments:

Summer... said...

Gosh it makes me wish we had snow here in Hawaii, LOL!

sumbine said...

Absolutely beautiful!
I like your coloring and the trees.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.