Friday, November 21, 2008

Skating...

I am just loving the stamps that came in the Magnolia Winter Club! This is the first time I've ordered it, and it certainly won't be the last!

For today's card, I used Tilda and Edwin skating. Isn't it just the sweetest image? They were colored in with copic markers and pain-stakingly cut out with my trusty paper snips (and an exacto knife for those tricky little skates!). I used a white gel pen for highlights, and a Sakura gelly roll pen to add some sparkle to the blades on the skates.

The background is "Skate Pond" by The Stampin' Place. I masked off the bottom half of the pond and stamped it onto a piece of SU Soft Sky. I added some color to the town and background skaters with copic markers. I used a Versamarker to color in the pond (expanding it a bit) and embossed it with SU Iridescent Ice EP. I then sponged white craft ink onto the areas where I needed snow, and accented it with some white liquid applique. I finished off the card with a sentiment from the SU hostess set, Best Yet.

4 comments:

Summer... said...

OMGoodness this is totally beautiful Melissa!!!! I LOVE IT!!

Ellibelle said...

Wow! I don't even know what to write! This is soooo gorgeous. Love the look of ice. Just Beautiful!!!

sumbine said...

Fantastic card!
I like anything about it...great work.

Kittie said...

Melissa, I can see why this is your favorite. It is absolutely adorable and I so love the scene you created with the snowy little border around the ice. Thanks so much for posting a link to your project on my blog. I'm sure several people are going to enjoy popping in to check this out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.