Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter + exciting news!

Happy Easter to all my readers who celebrate the holiday! I have some exciting news to share today - Suzette from Crafty Sentiments has invited me to be a guest designer for the Crafty Sentiments challenge blog for April and May! How exciting is that?!?


This week, we are challenging you to make a project based off of the above sketch. Be sure to pop on over to the Crafty Sentiments challenge blog to see the rest of the dt's projects, and to find out what you could win if you decide to play along this week.


I decided to use the adorable Boy with Flowers for my card. He reminds me of my younger brothers. When we were kids, they would pick flowers from the neighbors garden on their way home from school, and present my mother with a lovely bouquet. I think she always had a hard time deciding on whether to thank them for being so thoughtful, or scolding them for raiding the neighbors flower beds! LOL!


I stamped Boy with Flowers twice so that I could cut out some of his flowers and pop them up for a nice 3D effect. I also added some Flower Soft in Spring to his bouquet for a little more interest. The papers are all digi papers by Nitwits, and my sentiment is also computer generated.

Copic Markers used:

Challenges I participated in with this card:

Crafty Sentiments - sketch
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
Fab 'n' Funky - spring is in the air
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - how does your garden grow?
Crafty Creations - anything goes

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Randi WS said...

Wow, I love your card, it's supercute! And I enjoy reading your little stories you're telling ;) How fun it sounds, thoughtful of your little brothers! *lol*
And that image is adorable ;)
Happy Easter to you too :)

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Very sweet. What a lovely card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Renate said...

I love the green/pink combo. And the image is very cute too. Wonderful job on the coloring. Thanks for joining the Papertake Weekly

Hugs Renate - GDT Papertake Weekly

Shazza said...

stunning card
x

Shazza said...

stunning card
x

andrea said...

beautiful card,lovely image thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.