Monday, December 14, 2009

Gift set...

Today I thought I would show you the gift set I made for a dear friend. She loves penguins, so I used Penguin Snowflakes by Elzybells for the image on the card and on the ornament.



Both images were colored with Copic markers, and then had Twinklets applied to the snowflakes and the ground for a nice wintery feel. (Have I mentioned my Twinklets addiction? LOL!) For the card, I decided to try my hand at an easel card (great photo instructions can be found here).



I know you are supposed to put a brad or some such in the middle to hold the card in place, but the three layers of card stock I used on the base seemed to work just as well. 

For the ornament, I used the same papers as I used on the card to decorate one of those little party favor tins by Wilton. I used them for a baby shower last year, and have a ton of them leftover, so I'm glad to finally find a use for them! 



I used a nestabilities circle die to cut out the image, added a bit of Elmer's glue to the inside bottom of the tin, and then smooshed the image in place. Once it was dry, I added some more Twinklets to the container to turn it into a shaker. Before I put the lid on, I added a line of Elmer's around the edge to hold it in place. The outside was covered with a stripe of designer paper, and then the front and back were decorated with more Nestie cut-outs.

My project does quadruple duty today, as I played along with the Elzybell's challenge 33 (making a gift), the Create4fun challenge (making an easel card), the Stampstacular Sunday challenge (not using red or green), and the Colour Create challenge (using purple, aqua, black and white).

Copic markers used:




14 comments:

Milliesmarvels said...

This is a lovely Project and a great idea!
Love it!
Jane
x

Milliesmarvels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aud Kirsten said...

This is beautiful, fantastic coloring! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:)

Shazza said...

gorgeous card and ornament
x

Di said...

Fabulous! love these cards love your image and that shaker is just wonderful!!

Thanks for joining Colour Create this week!

Hugs Di xxx

Mina said...

wow brilliant gift set...the penguin is gorgeous and what a brilliant idea to use twinklets...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Dena said...

This is fabulous! The papers are so perfect for the challenge! Great job! Thanks for joining us this week at Colour Create! Hope to see you next week! Hugs, Dena

Line said...

Wow what a fantastic set! The image is supersweet and your coloring is fab!

Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

Hugs, Line

Liza said...

What a gorgeous set, a great idea. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Paula said...

Such a cute set, you always have such cute work! I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is awesome! What a fabulous idea. Thanks for sharing at SSC!

Carolyn said...

What a fantastic project. I love the Ellzybells penguin, but I really love what you did with him in the shaker. What a fantastic idea. Thanks for joining in at SSC. How did you get that background? That is one of my favorite papers.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Georgia said...

This is just too cute!! Great job.Thanks for joining us at the SSC.

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card and ornament! Great job!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular this week! (Sorry I'm late in commenting!)
Dee

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.