Monday, January 26, 2009

InStyle Stamps Method Monday Challenge

This week’s Method Monday challenge from InStyle Stamps is a “Square Coat Card”. It’s a gate fold card with a twist - a “coat” that wraps around the base of the card and closes with a ribbon in the middle. You can find Maria's wonderfully detailed tutorial on the InStyle Stamps blog.

For my card, I decided to use one of the fabulous digital download images available from InStyle Stamps - Whimsy Cup. The great thing about the digital downloads is you are able to resize them to fit your needs. On my project, I not only used the cup as my focal image, I also made two different custom papers by shrinking the image and pasting it multiple times. Neat, huh? Try doing that with a regular stamp!

After I printed out my images, I colored them in with copic markers, and added diamond stickles to the focal image. I love how using the digital download image allowed me create dp that perfectly matches the rest of my project!

To play along, post a comment on this post on the InStyle Stamps blog with the link to the picture of your card from your blog site, SCS photo, PCP photo, or photo album. If you’re uploading your card at PCP or SCS, tag it with “InStyle” or “ISSMM1-26″ so it’ll be easy to find.

You don’t have to use InStyle stamps to play, but if you have them, why not flaunt them?

Check out the other cards by the InStyle Stamps Design Team:

Shary

Maria

3 comments:

Maria said...

Oh wow, Melissa! Your card turned out absolutely beautiful! I really love what you did with the coat card. I love the colors and the CB embossing! The paper and image is fabulous too! Thanks for playing along in the challenge!!

Maria

Sharon said...

Hiya Melissa. Great card love the chocolate and pink together. Great little image too. x

Jennie said...

Great job Melissa, this turned out fantastic. I really want to try this myself. Have a great day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.