Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sugarplums...

I'm so excited! I was the lucky winner of the CC Designs Sugarplums Christmas Scene set as well as PJ Olivia and PJ Christopher from All That Scraps! I love these sets, and knew I had to have them when I saw the sneak peaks, so I was tickled pink to win them!


The card uses the tree from the Scene set, and a sentiment from a SU hostess set. The tree was water colored, and then I added red stickles for the garland and ribbon, and diamond stickles for the lights (click on image for a larger view). I added Bella's Baubles in gold for the ornaments. I ran the top half of the card through my cuttlebug with the swiss dots folder, and then added on ribbon. Don't you just love the red fiber? I found it at a dollar store and just had to have it for holiday cards! It has a really pretty sheen to it that doesn't come through well in the photo, but trust me, it is lovely!


When I first saw this set, I immediately knew I would have to break out of my comfort zone and make a scrapbook page for my niece and nephew. Anna and Ryan's mommy's both work full time, so I thought I would help them out a bit with a pre-made scrapbook page that they just have to add photos to. This one is for Anna.


Here's a close-up of the stamped portion. Everything was water colored, and then stickles were added to the tree, presents, stocking, flames, and Anna's hair bows for a little extra sparkle. The fireplace was placed on 3d-dots so that the fire looks like it is sitting in it, and then has the stocking attached with a mini brad. The DP I used for Olivia's pajamas was leftover from my September 3 Little DReaMs kits. I've been itching to use it on a holiday project since I first laid eyes on it! I added more stickles to it, because every girl needs pretty pj's for Christmas.

If anyone has tips for photographing 12x12 layouts, I'd love to hear them!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.