Sunday, October 19, 2008

2 more holiday projects...

I love the rustic, old fashioned Christmas feel of the new Home for Christmas set in the SU holiday mini, and had to have it as soon as I saw it. It brings back happy memories of sledding at Grandma's house when I was a child. They have a nice big hill out back, and my uncles would always flatten out a path from the top of the hill out into the field at the bottom. It was quite the hike to get to the top, but worth the rush you got going back down!

The image was colored in with copic markers, and the designer paper is all no-name I picked up at Joann's. For the snow, I used liquid applique, poofed it with the heat gun, and then added stickles on top for some sparkle.

The next project I have for you involves no stamping whatsoever. Oh my! I found the pattern for a gift card holder in a craft magazine, and had to make one of my own. I always need at least one gift card holder over the holidays, and this one can do double duty as a ornament for the tree.


I used a pigma micron pen to draw the frame and snowman, and then colored everything in with an aquapainter and SU ink refills. I added red and green stickles for a finishing touch. The eyelets were custom colored with a green copic marker before being added to the project with my crop-a-dile.

Hmmm... looking at it now, I think I need to add a tag to the ribbon...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.