Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tier of Treats

Mmmm. Looking at this card makes me want to go to the local bakery for something scrumptious! Too bad it is late, and the bakery is closed, eh?
I just love this image - Tier of Treats from Stampendous. I don't actually own the stamp (hint, hint, birthday fairy...) but was lucky enough to get some stamped images from the PIF Image thread on SCS. Check it out if you haven't already, though I will warn you, it will expose you to all kinds of new stamps that you will then want to own! LOL!
I used an aquapainter with my SU Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, and Kiwi Kiss ink pads to color in the image. The platters and stand wire were colored in with a stardust gellyroll pen to give it that metallic sheen. I used liquid applique on the treats to make frosting. I only own white liquid applique, so I mixed a little ink into it while it was still wet to get the pink and brown frosting. Once it was dry, I added some stickles to the frosting and the cherries for a little sparkle.
The card stock is SU Chocolate Chip and Pink Pirouette (my new favorite). The pretty ribbon is from Papertrey Ink, and almost perfectly matches the SU Pink Pirouette paper. The white was embossed using the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. I've been giving it a work out since it arrived! I think it is my new favorite!

1 comments:

Dani said...

This card is soooo cute! Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.