Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Frog Prince...

The hubby and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on Friday, and I thought I'd share the card I made for him. My hubby likes funny cards, so when I saw Kiss Me by Tiddly Inks, I knew I had found the perfect image to use for his card. Isn't she the cutest?


I wanted to airbrush in the background, so I printed an extra copy of Kiss Me on plain copy paper and cut it out to use as a mask. To get the cloud effect, I cut a cloud shape out of my paper scraps and randomly moved it around my paper while airbrushing. The ground was also airbrushed, but then I went in with my copics to add some grass and flowers. The image itself was colored with copic markers. For the dress, I only colored the sash, and then added a bit of V93 in the corners of the dress for some shadow before filling the whole thing in with Stardust Stickles. I added a bit of gold Stickles to the Frog Prince's crown as well.


The pretty designer paper is from a K&Co Wedding paper pad I got as a gift ages ago. You can't really tell from the photo, but it has a really nice texture to it. In fact, the hubby wanted to know if it was wallpaper. LOL. The purple ribbon was originally white sheer which I airbrushed to match the card. The pretty heart dangle was hand made using some of my beading supplies. I've had those little heart charms for 5+ years, and I think this is the first time I've actually used one.


Oh, yes, this inside of the card. I forgot to take a photo before writing in it, but the greeting printed inside of the card is:
I'm so glad I kissed you!
Happy Anniversary!

The hubby got a good chuckle out of it. :)

Copic Markers used:


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

This is great! love how you have colored her, and what a lovely glittery dress!

Tanya said...

This is so pretty! LOVE all the sparkle.

Rosie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! The image is beautiful and your coloring/airbrusing is AWESOME! Hugs, Rosemary

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.