Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall is in the Air...

Looking out my craft room window here in upstate NY, I can see the maple tree out front is already painted with red and yellow leaves. It got me in a mood to make a fall card, and what better image is there for a fall card than Tree Hugger by Tiddly Inks?


When I printed the image, I printed a second copy of the leaves on the tree with the plan of popping it up for some dimension. I cut out the 1st (full) image with a circle Nestabilities and left it in the die when I airbrushed the image to get a nice white boarder. I used the copic airbrush system to airbrush the sky, ground and leaves on the full image, and then went back and airbrushed my second set of leaves to match. The second set of leaves was then cut by hand and layered back onto the image with pop-dots. I purposely misaligned the leaves so that some of the bottom layer sticks out and gives a little more dimension.


The orange designer paper is from last fall's Bo Bunny line, I forget the name, sorry. I ran the white side through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder to match. The sentiment is a Studio G $1 stamp. The original layout wouldn't fit in a circle (and so would mess with my circle theme, LOL), so I inked up each word with a different color SU marker and stamped them in a more useful (to me) shape.

Copic Markers used:


Challenges I participated in with this card:
Digital Tuesday - It's all about the girls
A Spoon Full of Sugar - anything goes
Midnight Madness - sketch #72
Creative Card Crew - autumn or fall

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Michelle Redman said...

What a beautiful card!! I absolutely LOVE how you colored your tree!! Thanks for joining us at the DTC!!

Valerie said...

Very cute card. I just love the colors you used.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Melissa - this is fabulous! I love that darling image and your 'popped up' tree!! Gorgeous colours - Love it! Thanks for joining us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, we appreciate you support and would love to see you join us again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! Love how you did the tree! Thanks so much for playing the DTC this week!

Michelle Pearson said...

very cool! I love your tree too...perfectly fun fall card!

thanks for joining us for the Digital Tuesday Challenge!

Maria Matter said...

fabulous card Melissa!!!
Thank you for joining in with the Digital Tuesday & Creative Card Crw challenges!
hugs & blessings

Kristine Reynolds said...

That tree is fabulous! Perfect card for the Digital Tuesday for the girls challenge! Thanks for joining us!

Kristine

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.