Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sweet Pea Stamp Off


I thought I'd shared the card I made for the Sweet Pea Stamps Spring Stamp Off. You can go here if you'd like to vote for your favorite.


I used Spring Witch and colored her with copic markers (including 4 of the NEW shades!!!). The image was actually stamped three times as I layered it to give it a bit of depth. Spring Witch and her kitties are the first layer, the cherry tree is the second layer, and the sky is the final layer. It has a wonderful 3D effect in person but doesn't photograph all that well. *sigh*


The "cherry branches" were made with an SU flower punch and bird punch. For the branches, I punched out branches in brown and in green, cut the leaves off of the green one and glued them on top of the brown ones.

Copic Markers used:

3 comments:

Micki said...

I just wanted to stop by and tell you what a wonderful job you did with this gorgeous stamp. Wonderful coloring and absolutely gorgeous card. (All your cards are gorgeous :-).

Hugs

dawnmercedes said...

Melissa!! Thanks so much for this amazing card...which is still showcased in my art room. You are amazingly talented!! Thanks for the markers too. I can't believe I own a set of flesh colored markers. And they will come in very handy with the PMS fairies and Moody Girls!

Ruthie said...

Hey Melissa - you seem to have disappeared! Are you ok?

Rx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.