Friday, September 10, 2010

Falling leaves, a venture in jewelry making...

*Gasp* I have a non-paper crafting project to share with you today! Can you believe it? LOL.

I got addicted to making jewelry a little over 5 years ago when I was a crazy bride-to-be who fell in love with a gorgeous beaded tiara that was very much out of her price range. Crafty(and stubborn) girl that I am, I promptly taught myself the rudiments of working with wire, beads, and gemstones and made a similar tiara (and necklace, earrings and bracelet) for a fraction of the cost of the one I had been drooling over at the bridal shop. And a new craft addiction was born. LOL.

I haven't pulled out my jewelry kits in a while, but while browsing through a gift shop while on vacation I came across a lovely necklace with fall leaves and berries and immediately started itching to make one for myself. This is the result:


I'm a gold girl, so I used 14k gold filled wire for the project. The "berries" are real seed pearls, and the leaves are all made from lustre glass.

What do you think? I have plans to make a matching bracelet, and maybe some earrings, and will be sure to share them once they are finished.

If you aren't interested in jewelry making, never fear. I have a cute little witch all colored and waiting to be made into a card and will get her up soon!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

oh melissa.. this is magnificent...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.