Saturday, July 31, 2010

Christmas Presents in July...

Hello all! Did you miss me? Sorry for the long time between posts. I started a new job this month, and between wrapping up things for my old job, settling into the new job, and all of the usual crazy summer activities, I just haven't had much time for crafting until now. My fingers have been itching to do some coloring though, so expect more regular posts in the future!


That being said, I have a card to show you today. Lil Lotita Boutique Challenges is having a Christmas in July challenge this week, and ABC Christmas Challenges is up to P for Presents this week, so I decided to use the adorable Lylah from Tickled Pink Stamps to combine the two challenges. And just to make things interesting, I also used the sketch from the Tickled Pink Monthly Challenge.


Lylah was colored with copic markers, and has clear spica pen on the ribbon on the gift & in her hair for a little sparkle. (If you click on the image to enlarge it, you can see the sparkle better.) The cardstock and ribbon are all SU, and the dp is from the My Mind's Eye Be Merry Collection (my all time favorite holiday paper, which I'm almost out of, waa!).


I like to make holiday cards with a specific recipient in mind so I can personalize it a bit for them. This one is going to a friend who loves to sew, hence the buttons and "thread". The thread (SU silver cord) is actually one long piece that I've threaded through the buttons. I cut thing strips off of a glue dot and rolled them into super-thin lines to use to get the loops in the thread to stay put. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, and think she will get a kick out of it.

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

12 comments:

Bron said...

WOW I love your card. The buttons thread, non traditional colours all look fab. Thanks for joining us at LLB this week hugs from Bron

Kylie said...

I love a pink Christmas! How clever to combine these challenges together. Love buttons too and I like the way you've added them to your card. Thanks for joining us at The Boutique this week!

Hugs Kylie ox

Shazza said...

lovely card
x

Unknown said...

Gosh how fabby is that?? I love your buttons and the silver thread that looks awesome along with your gorgeous colouring. Love your colours too, Pink is awesome!!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful card with us this week at Lil Lolita Boutique, hope we see you again next week!!
Hugs
karen
xxxx

Squirrel x said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along at ABC CC with this challenge. Hugs, Sxx

Kim said...

CONGRATS on the new job hun...I hope you are loving it! :) What are you doing?

Your card is beautiful...I love these new stamps they are super cute!!!

Hugs~ Kim

Patricia Mae said...

Congrats on your new job and I hope you get to do more crafting. Your card is so cute I love what you did with the whole challenge. Thanks so much for joinging up this week at LLB I hope see you all the time.
~Patricia
LLB DT

Eulanda said...

Great idea to personalize any card really. I always find when I know who my card is going to, how much better it turns out. I love your card - so pretty and your coloring is beautiful!! Looking forward to seeing more!! Thanks for joining our challenge at LLB this week!
Hugs!

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - I love those papers too!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Jackie Thomas said...

What a beautiful Christmas card. I love the colours you have used. Your buttons are the perfect embellishment. Thank you for joining us at the LLB. Hugs Jackie

Carisa said...

That is stunning - I love how you used non traditional christmas colors and elements. It's so pretty & your friend will adore it! Thanks for playing along with us this week at LLB!

Jen Popovich said...

Congrats on the new job! What are you up to these days?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.