Sunday, May 2, 2010

Crafty Sentiments challenge 16 - buttons

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. We've had a pretty busy one so far. My in-laws were down yesterday, and brought a bunch of lawn & garden tools with them, so we spent most of the morning & afternoon pulling weeds and cutting down these awful thorn-covered berry bushes that had taken over the yard. I'm scratched and sunburned, but the yard looks 10 times better than it did before! I have some flowers to plant today if the rains holds off, and then plan to put my feet up and relax with a good book.

**Kitty Update: Felicity went to the vet on Thursday, and got a clean bill of health. Yeah! She yowled all the way there, and all the way back, but behaved like a perfect little lady while she was actually at the vet's. She's starting to fill out a bit, and has a lot more energy. She's been trying to sneak into the rest of the house, much to the displeasure of our two resident cats. They aren't too sure they like having a visitor, and sit outside of the front room whenever I'm in there with Felicity.**

Since it's Sunday, it's time for another challenge with Crafty Sentiments. This week, we are taking it easy on you, and just challenging you to use some buttons on your project.

I recieved my dt package with the new Wedding Amy stamps in the mail yesterday, so of course I had to use one for today's project.


I decided to go tone on tone for today's card. I think white on white is such an elegant and classic look for a wedding card, don't you?


Bride Amy was colored with copic markers, and carefully cut out for layering. I added stardust stickles to her veil, and Smooch Illuminate to her dress for some bridal glamour. She sparkles like crazy in real life! The top layer was cut out with a Nestabilites Labels 4 die. I left the die in place after cutting, and carefully traced the inner edge with a gold Spica pen to make a frame. The bottom layer was run through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder, and then had the outside edge traced with the gold Spica pen to make it stand out from the card base.

Copic Markers used:


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comments:

Tammy said...

This is so beautiful, Melissa!! It's so soft and pretty and I agree...white on white makes a perfect wedding card!!!! Stunning!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.