Saturday, October 3, 2009

let it snow...

Yes, I know, it's only October, but it's never too early to get to work on your holiday cards. I've been seeing Twinklets Diamond Dust Crystals used on a lot of holiday cards, and being a glitter addict, I had to get some. (Michael's and AC Moore both carry the HUGE jar of it. $8.99 for 14 oz. Plan on splitting it with someone, because seriously, you would have to use it on 1000's of cards before you'd even make a dent in that jar! LOL!)


Doesn't is make the prettiest snowflakes? It's really easy to use too. Just dab a bit of craft glue (I used Elmer's glue and applied it with a sponge) onto your paper, sprinkle with Twinklets, and shake off the excess. Keep in mind that Twinklets are real ground glass, so make sure to put some scrap paper under your project to catch any that escape. You don't really want teeny pieces of glass left on your work surface.


For my card, I used the adorable Kai in the snow digital image by Mo's Digital Pencil. Isn't he a cutie? I sponged the background with SU Soft Sky ink, and then colored Kai with copic markers. I added some white Fun Flock to the pom pom's, and more of the Twinklets to the snow. The pretty designer paper is "Snowflake Stripes" by My Mind's Eye.

1 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Stunning! What a sweet card! I love all the details and your coloring is exquisite!!!
Happy WCMD!!!
TFS :*)
~ margie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.