Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Ryan!


Yesterday was my nephew Ryan's first birthday, and the whole family got together to throw him a party. My mother made the yummy cake (shown above) for the party, along with a cute little "smash" cake for the birthday boy.

As you can see, he didn't really do much "smashing" (despite lots and lots of encouragement from his daddy), but he certainly seemed to enjoy the icing!

For Ryan's birthday card, I used this adorable freebie from Mo's Digital Pencil. Ryan has a little pool just like this one at Grandma's house. He had a lot of fun in it over the summer, so I knew this would be the perfect image for his card the moment I saw it.

The image was colored with copic markers, and then the water was gone over with a clear Spica pen for some sparkle. Once the card was together, I added Alleene's Paper Glaze to the water for a wet look. Sorry it doesn't show up better in the photo. The little ducky is one of the add-on's that comes with the image. I printed it twice and attached it with glue dots for a bit more dimension.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.