Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 8 of M&DC's Mothers and Daughters Traditions Blog Roll

Today is the regular “Thursday Card Challenge” at Mothers and Daughters and our blog roll continues with a special treat. Giovana is hosting the challenge so hurry on over to her blog for all the details – challenge, blog candy, and a stunning card to inspire you.


Today's challenge is to make a Mother's Day card using at least 3 flower. I decided to go for a sweet and simple layout for my card:

The pretty flowers are made from dp from BoBunny's Dot to Dot line in Tutu, Blush, and Decaf.

After punching out each flower, I pressed them in my palm to make the petals bend up. The BoBunny paper is nice and heavy, so it holds the shape really well. The centers are popped up on pop-dots, and I added a touch of Cinnamon Stickles to the dots on the Decaf paper to make them stand out a bit more.

Be sure to check out the blogs of my fellow DT members to see their lovely creations!

Links:

4 comments:

Tam said...

Aw - so sweet! Beautiful job on the three flower challenge - thanks so much!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet, simple and beautiful I think I may borrow this idea for a card for my mom!

Maria said...

Such a pretty card, Melissa!! Love the pretty flowers that you added and the fantastic colors!! Beautiful job!!

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Maria

Vicky said...

this is a beautiful card, Melissa!! I love the flowers and the embossing at the bottom.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.