Wednesday, April 22, 2009

leaving the nest...

One of my co-workers is moving out of state, so I made a card for everyone to sign to wish him well on his new venture.

Since it is a "guy" card, I kept the frills and embellishments to a minimum, but I think it works. I printed the sentiment on the computer, and then stamped the tree and bird from the Olivia's Birdies set by CC Designs. I stamped the nest and the two birds sitting on it separately, cut them out, and attached them with pop-dots for a little added dimension.

The pretty edging is one of the new edge punches by EK Success. I have to tell you that I find these new punches much harder to punch than older SU and Fiskars style edge punches, and the smaller holes make them more difficult to line up. So while I admit to drooling over some of the new designs, I'm not sure that any more of them will be making their way into my craft room.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a darling card. I just love the sweet little birdies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.