Welcome to the first InStyle Stamps blog hop! The blog hop will be held from 11:30 am EST to 10pm EST on the InStyle Forum. Come join the fun, and be on the look-out for contests to win some great prizes throughout the day! Plus, make sure to vote for your favorite DT member project, as well as play “Meet the DT Trivia” to be entered into our drawings for the grand prizes to be held at the end of the hop!
This time around, the design team was challenged to create a home decor project. For my project, I decided to alter a frame for a special someone (who shall remain nameless as she hasn't received the gift yet...). She had her first child recently, so I thought that making her a special frame for her favorite photo of her and her son would make the perfect gift. After all, what new mommy doesn't want to show off photos of her new little munchkin? LOL!
Do you think she'll like it? The photo I put in it is one of my favorites, but of course, mommy can switch it out if she likes.
I stamped Jasmine with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and colored her in with copic markers. Isn't she just the perfect image to go with the photo? What a proud mommy she is!
The sentiment is one of my favorite quotes by Victor Hugo - "A mother's arms are made of tenderness, and her children sleep soundly in them." I used my word processing program to print it out, and layered it with my nestabilities.
The dp used on the frame is scraps that were leftover from some other baby projects I made for this particular mommy, so it will coordinate with everything else I've made for her. Neat, huh? I knew there was a reason I never toss my scraps! LOL! I layered the dp onto SU lavender lace cs, and used a glue stick to attach the paper to the frame. You wouldn't think so, but I've found that Elmer's glue sticks are the best thing to use for attaching paper to any wood or plastic surface. I always stock up on them when the stores do the big back-to-school sales.
Here are my answers for the "Meet the DT Trivia." Pay attention, there will be a quiz later! LOL!
- What is your favorite color combination for crafting? pink and brown
- If you were stuck on a deserted island, and a box washed up on shore, what 5 craft supplies would you most want to find inside? copics, stickles, designer paper, memento ink, stamps
- What is your favorite coloring medium? copics
- What embellishment can you not live without? It is a toss up between ribbon and stickles.
- What are your hobbies (other than papercrafting)? reading, photography, baking, indoor gardening, jewelry making, painting, just about anything computer related
- What’s your favorite spring time activity? I look forward to taking photos of spring flowers. We have apple and peach trees in the yard, and they are always lovely in the spring.
- If you could visit any place in the world, where would you choose to go? New Zealand
- When you were little, who was your favorite super hero and why? Superman. Amazing super powers combined with a young Christopher Reeve in a form fitting suit. Enough said. LOL! I so wanted to be Lois Lane!
- What is one item that you really should throw away, but probably never will? The sweat shirt from the softball league I played on as a kid. It is totally ratty, and will never, ever fit me again, but I just can't bear to part with it for some reason.
- If you were an animal, what would you be? A dragon. Hey, no one said it had to be a real animal! ;)
- If you could have an endless supply of any food item, what would you get? Haagen-Dazs Fleur de Sel Caramel ice cream. Seriously. It is that good!
- What is your favorite movie? Serendipity
- Who is your favorite actor/actress? Hugh Jackman / Natalie Portman
- Do you have a pet? If so, what do you have? I have 2 very spoiled Siamese cats. And a husband - he counts as a pet, right?
- How did you first get introduced to stamping? At a Stampin' Up! party.
Now that you've finished reading my ramblings, be sure to check out the blogs of my fellow DT members to see what they came up with! And don't forget to high tail it over to the InStyle Forum for all the details on how you can get entered into the prize drawings!
And introducing our newest team member, Cathy! Cathy didn't make a project for the blog hop as today is her first day on the team, but stop by and tell her "hi!".