Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mmmm... Cake!

I'm always looking for ideas for "guy" cards, how about you? I can whip out a card for a female friend in no time (ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit here...), but ask me to make something for a man, and I am twiddling my thumbs, trying to come up with ideas. I've decided I *need* to buy more guy friendly stamps. LOL!

Since that hasn't happened yet, I went through my stash of stamped images that various friends have so generously given me, and found this adorable Penny Black cat. Hmmm. Cats are appropriate for a guy, right?


I just love this cat with his big ol' chef's hat and apron! The expression on his face is just too funny. He was colored in with Copic markers, and had some stickles added to the icing and candles. I tried to keep the layout clean and simple to be "guy appropriate". What do you think?

5 comments:

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Very cute image! I love this card!

Maria said...

The image is definitely appropriate card for a guy card. . .I love that image. Is it Penny Black? I love Penny Black images. Awesome job coloring the image and the color combo is perfect for a masculine theme!! I have difficulties with masculine cards too. .. I don't have too many images that fit for masculine cards! awesome job on your card, Melissa!

Maria

Sandy said...

Your card turned out great ... clean, simple and cute. My favorite combination. Definitely gender neutral.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I think this card would work for a guy. Love the colors, and the cat stamp is just the cutest!

Cathy said...

I love this image!! So fun and cute!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.