Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Random Acts of Kindness

I received the sweetest gift this Christmas, and it was from someone I have never met. Unni at Unni's Kort heard how much I like the adorable stamps by Hanglar and Stanglar, which you can not purchase if you live in the USA, and promptly offered to send me one. Imagine my surprise and delight when I got a package in the mail from her with not one, not two, but three Hanglar stamps in it along with a beautiful card!


I took a photo to show you, but it doesn't do the card justice. She used glossy card stock for the center panel, and embossed it with several different metallic embossing powders. It is truly a work of art! You can see a better photo on Unni's blog in this post, and be sure to check out the rest of her projects while you are there. She does amazing work!

Unni, if you are reading this, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

I've been waiting until I was able to make a card with one of the stamps she so generously sent me before posting this, and finally was able to do so last night.


According to my translation program, this little beauty is called "Girl with a heart on a wire". Isn't she sweet? I decided to go with a red and pink color scheme so that I can use the card for Valentine's Day. I haven't decided who I will send this one to, hence the reason for no sentiment as of yet.

I colored her with Copic markers, and added white gel pen for accent. I used diamond stickles on the trim on her coat, and a Sakura stardust gelly roll pen on the string and her wings. I wanted the heart to look like an actual button, so I stamped the image on to a piece of chipboard, colored in the heart, cut it out, and then covered it with Crystal Effects for a nice glossy finish. The pretty DP is from the paper pack you could choose for a SU level one hostess gift, and it is layered on white and SU Pretty in Pink card stock.



2 comments:

Sandy said...

Cute card, Melissa!! And congrats on the generous RAK.

Anonymous said...

This is darling! I love what you have done with the cute stamp, and the heart button is fabulous!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.