Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mmmm... Gingerbread...

One of my favorite things about the winter holidays is making gingerbread. The smell of it wafting through the house while it is baking always puts me in a good mood.

I ordered Tilda with Gingerbread last week, and knew I had to make a card with her and my gingerbread house stamp from Studio G. I have to admit that this card did not come together the way I was picturing it in my head, and gave me some trouble coming up with a layout that satisfied me. Don't you hate it when that happens?


Both images were colored with Copic markers and have Diamond stickles added for some sparkle (I LOVE sparkle, in case you haven't noticed! LOL!). I used Crystal Effects on the peppermints and gumdrops to make them pop. They weren't quite dry when I took the photo but I wanted to post this tonight. I'll take a "dry" photo tomorrow and update it. The pretty designer paper is by Heidi Grace Designs. I'm afraid the name is hidden under my ribbon, sorry about that!

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Whether or not it is what you envisioned it is totally lovely!

Covered In Crafts said...

I think it's lovely! Great job!

Kim said...

Melissa is super duper cute!
Hugs~ Kim

Cathy and Steve said...

She is too cute for words. You did a fabulous job with this. Yikes, I feel humbled to be on a design team with you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.