Saturday, November 8, 2008

All that Scraps Wed. DT Challenge #25

Did you know that the All that Scraps design team has a challenge every Wednesday? This week was a sketch challenge, and I was itching to participate as soon as I saw the great sketch that Amy Rysavy came up with.

You are highly encouraged to use your CC. Designs stamps, so I pulled out Pajama Olivia and the stocking from the Christmas Scenery set. Isn't Olivia just the cutest thing ever?


I based my color scheme on the yummy Be Merry DP by My Mind's Eye, so this card turned out very girly! I used SU's Kiwi Kiss for the base, and then layered on Pink Pirouette. I used the Cuttlebug Christmas Ornament embossing folder on the Baja Breeze piece, and sponged on some Whisper White craft ink for added depth.

Olivia was colored in with copic markers, and then I paper pieced her outfit with one of the DP's. I decided that instead of layering Olivia on top of the Pink Pirouette scalloped circle, I would punch out the center of that piece and pop it up with pop-dots to make a frame around her. You can't really tell in the photo with all those stickles covering it, but the stocking is also a piece of the Be Merry DP and has pretty snowflakes on it that the camera just won't pick up.

The sentiment is from one of the new Holiday Clear Stamps sets that Wal-mart is now carrying. The rest of the set is all ornaments with snowflakes on them, so it was a must-have for me. (I love ornaments, and am a sucker for anything with snowflakes. You'd think they made that set just for me! LOL!)

I've been working on holiday ornaments, and will be ready to post some as soon as the glue dries, so stay tuned!

1 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, my goodness...this is so lovely! I love the color combo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.