Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

LOL! Now that I got that out of the way, are you ready to see another holiday card? Thought so!

I did a little shopping at Michael's last night with my 40% off coupon (shhh... don't tell DH!). I got the Martha Stewart branch punch that I've been looking all over for, and just had to use it to make a Christmas tree for Olivia from All that Scraps to decorate.


This card is so me. I LOVE decorating the Christmas tree, and usually spend an entire day figuring out the perfect placement for each ornament. (Yes, I know I have a problem...)

I used SU Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze for the base and first layer of this card. The "wall" and "carpet" are 2 of the gorgeous DP's (in my all time FAVORITE colors, mind you!) from the new Be Merry line from My Mind's Eye. (Stay tuned for upcoming posts of projects using the tree and snowman patterns...) The trunk of the tree is the branch from the Olivia's Birdies set, and the pot is part of the bird bath. They were both colored with copic markers, cut out, and layered on the card for a base for my branches. The branches were all punched out of Kiwi Kiss using the Martha Stewart punch, and adhered with a bit of Tombo mono aqua. I don't remember how many I used, but trust me when I tell you it involved a LOT of punching! LOL!

I then stamped Olivia (also from Olivia's Birdies) and colored her in with copic markers in shades to coordinate with the DP. Olivia was then cut out and placed on the card with pop-dots for some dimension. Olivia needed a little bling, so she got some stickles on her outfit and barrettes (I added some to the tree stand too). Once she was all pretty, Olivia was ready to decorate the tree.
First comes the garland - a lovely velvet rick rack from Basic Grey's Urban Couture line. I LOVE this rick rack and wish there was more than 2 feet on the roll! Waaa!!! Then Olivia hung all the pretty ornaments - Bella's Baubles (with Stickles added to some for more sparkle). She's holding the final ornament as she decides on the perfect place to hang it. The gemstone star is from my misc. bling bin, so I can't tell you who made it, but doesn't it look pretty on top of the tree?

When I was finished with all that, the card still looked a little bare to me, so I added a sentiment and photo corners. The dark pink layer of the photo corners is actually white paper I colored with one of the copic markers I used on Olivia's outfit. Neat, huh? Just give it a sec to dry before punching so you get crisp edges. The sentiment is from one of those great Studio G sets you get for $1 at your local craft store. I went a little crazy buying the holiday ones this year, but you can never have too many holiday sentiments, right? LOL!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.