Saturday, September 20, 2008

Whiff of Joy DT call / Anniversary card...

Katharina of Whiff of Joy is holding a call for a guest designer (see details here) and I wanted to enter since I just love her stamps! I knew I still needed to make an anniversary card for DH, so I decided to kill two birds with one card, ahem, stone. :)

I looked through all of the great sketches Katharina has posted on her blog, and knew I had to play with this one as soon as I saw it. However, the long oval didn't really work for what I had in mind, so I rotated the layout 90 degrees for my card.

I purchased this adorable Lily & Milo hand in hand stamp a while back, intending to use it for my anniversary card for DH. We used to go walking for hours when we were first dating, so it just seemed perfect. The image was colored in with Copic markers, and then highlighted here and there with a white gel pen. The gorgeous designer papers on this card are all from a 6x6 pad of Basic Grey Infuse. I love this paper, and am kicking myself that I didn't buy a second pad of it when I had the chance. *sigh* I've been hoarding it since it is so pretty, but DH is worth the good stuff, right? LOL!

The "I want to hold your hand" sentiment is from Feeling Groovy by Verve Stamps. DH is a BIG time Beatles fan, so in addition to being perfect for the image on this card, the sentiment had personal meaning for him. The set has several other sentiments from Beatles songs, so I knew I had to buy it as soon as I saw it.

The oval and matching scallop were cut using my Cuttlebug and Nestabilities dies, and the scalloped edges are the new SU punch. I finished off the card with a few Prima flowers with Bella's Baubles for centers, and a piece of the yummy new SU Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon.

*side note* DH really seemed to like the card, and commented that the colored image looked like something you'd see in a quality children's book. That was a compliment, right? LOL! He then went on to note that I really seem to like those cute people images lately. If he only knew! Good thing he doesn't check out my stamp room very often!

*disclaimer* I apologize that the photo isn't as true-to-life as it could be. The bulb in the true color lamp I use for taking photos blew, and I haven't had a chance to get to the store for a new one.

4 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Beautiful card. Love the image and the colours you used. Good luck for the Guest DT. Michele x

Victoria said...

a lovely card and fantastic image x

Katharina Frei said...

A wonderful, sweet card! Love the dp too, have it myself...hehe
The sentiment is so cute and your colouring gourgeous!
Katharina

Cathy B. said...

Very nice card and good luck with the guest DT. Beautiful coloring on your images.

Cathy B.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.