Thursday, September 25, 2008

wall art for baby Ryan

As some of you may know, my brother is expecting his first child this month. I just got the call that my SIL will be induced tomorrow, so baby Ryan will be here VERY soon! I'm so excited!!!

I've been very busy making a scrapbook for him, and took some time off from that to make a piece of wall art for his nursery. The happy parents-to-be decided on a star and moon theme with a lovely aqua color on the wall, so that was my starting point for this piece.

Don't you just love the adorable boy on the moon image by hÄnglar & stÄnglar? I fell in love with it the minute I saw it and was really bummed because they don't sell to the US. One of my SCS piffing friends heard my plight and was sweet enough to send me a few stamped images for my projects for Ryan. Thank you Cal Bear Stamper!!! You're the greatest!!!

The image was colored in with Copic makers, and placed on pop-dots to add depth to the project. The three stars on the side were hand drawn to match the one the boy has on a string. I thought they needed a little something more, so I dug through my jewelry making supplies for the wire and beads for the "tails". You can't really tell from the photo, but I bent the "tails" up a bit so they really pop out at you. "Ryan" was printed on the computer since I am sadly lacking in alphabet stamps. I can't remember the brand of the designer papers I used, but I purchased them all at Joann Fabrics. I love the pretty green stitched paper and will have to go back for more for my stash.

I had the hardest time photographing this, so please excuse the slightly off-center photo. I kept getting glare on the glass of the shadowbox frame, and this was the only angle that worked.

This project was inspired by a page I made for Ryan's scrapbook. I will post it in the near future...

2 comments:

Cathy B. said...

This is beautiful and makes such a lovely wall art piece. Nicely done.

Cathy B.

Pipaiita/Carita said...

I love this stamp too, just got one my very own :) If you need any more images, I´d be happy to send you some :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.