Friday, June 27, 2008

Something borrowed, Something blue

There was a bridal shower on the Stamping Bella forum on SCS the other night, and I had fun participating in the card challenges. Below is the card I made for the Something Traditional challenge. You had to use "something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue".

Here are my "somethings":

Old: the "celebrate" stamp from SU's Wonderful Words set
New: the pretty yellow and pink striped paper I bought this week
Borrowed: I cased the layout for the card from this adorable card by llevans
Blue: I used SU's Soft Sky ribbon, paper, and ink on the card

Leave me a comment, telling me what your favorite "something" is (this can be anything - doesn't have to be wedding related) by 8pm EST on July 4th. I will randomly select a winner to mail this card to.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love the colors. My favorite somethings would be: raspberry margarita, Mexican food and Hot Tamales candy. Got married too long ago to have a favorite wedding something.

Alison H said...

Very pretty! I like the colors and the baubles in the corners!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love the card! My something would be: my husband! LOL!

StampinbyGeorge said...

Well - I had to comment after seeing your post on the SCS PIF thread. Glad I saw your link. This card is great! My favorite wedding something .... it was the biggest party I ever had! (And we're still celebrating 14+ years later.)

Anonymous said...

I REALLY like that card!!! I am waiting for a PIF of that image :)
My favorite 'thing' ...right now...my new friends on SCS PIF board :) :)

Jaclyn said...

My favorite something is stamps of course!!! Who woulda guessed it!!!??

mlandrum said...

I love it!! The colors are awesome...

Stacy Sheldon said...

favorite thing in general? hmmm Coffee... books... wood mounted rubber stamps...

favorite wedding thing? taking the photographs.

PS now Allison has a run for her money on your candy... nanner nanner

Shannah said...

I love the card! My 'favourite thing' from my wedding would be my DH!! Still my babe after 15 years (are you gagging yet? LOL!)
Oh and my photos (yep - hence my screen-name!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.