Friday, May 18, 2007

Watercolored card for Dad


I always have the hardest time coming up with ideas for cards for the men in my life. So I was pretty happy with the results I got when I whipped out my watercolor crayons to make a card for my dad.



Stamps: Lovely As a Tree, Wildlife Reserve, Flannel Plaid, Warmest Regards
Paper & Ink: Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Watercolor Crayons, Aquapainters, dimensionals

For the moose, I stamped the image in Choc Chip ink, and then colored it in with my watercolor crayons, using the aquapainter to blend colors. I made the grass by touching my barely wet aquapainter to the tip of the crayon to pick up the color, and then tapped it onto the paper. For the trees, I used the watercolor crayons to color directly onto the stamp, and then misted it with water before stamping onto paper that had also been lightly misted with water. I then used the crayons and my aquapainter to add more color for the leaves and grass. I love that when you are using the watercolor crayons and an aquapainter, you can layer on more color as needed to get the results you want. I made the sky in both images by repeatedly picking up a little bit of color from my Bordering Blue crayon and swirling it around on the paper. It helps to have a good amount of water on the aquapainter tip for this step as it helps the color to blend more evenly.

* Favorite watercoloring tip: have a paper towel handy to blot up any excess water and to wipe the tip of the aquapainter between color changes.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design and header created by Melissa Earnest.
Background paper by Pink Petticoat.